Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
Your responsibilities and obligations
If you wish to contact potential or existing customers with electronic marketing, find out what you need to do to comply with the Regulations.
The Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations changed on 26 May 2011
• Do the Regulations apply to me?
• Which law should I comply with – these Regulations or the Data Protection Act?
• What is the difference between a solicited marketing message and an unsolicited marketing message?
• Does consent mean ticking a box?
• What do opt in and opt out mean?
• What should I do if there is a security breach?
Guide to the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations
Find out about your legal obligations with our Guide to the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations.
A full list of our privacy and electronic communications guidance is available in our guidance index.